Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Protect yourself Goalkeepers

Over the past few weekends, because I wanted to assess my goalkeepers in Liverpool and goalkeepers in Warrington I have been visiting many football venues throughout Liverpool and I have to say I am appalled at the playing surfaces!

A lot of pitches, especially in the goal mouths there was no grass!

Seriously, the goal keeper might as well been diving on concrete!
I know goalkeepers subscribe to Just4keepers all over the world, so if you are reading this I am not sure if you have this problem?

I am not a lover of councils, especially Liverpool City Council as I do not believe they put enough money in facilities that can enhance children, but this is a classic case I suppose of councils in every city!
Anyhow back to my tip!

I was amazed to see these keepers wearing no form of padding what’s so ever!
I understand a lot of keepers do not like using padding because it restricts your movement but common sense has to prevail here guys.

YOU HAVE TO LOOK ATER YOU BODY!

I have been playing in goal for 30 years now and confident that I can  dive on anything, but honestly I would have refused to play on some of these pitches as they were that bad!

I know it can be difficult to refuse to play for your team because of pressure from your team mates etc, but seriously, you have to protect yourself by wearing padding on your elbows, knees and hips!

If you are a parent of a youngster, remember it’s your responsibly to make sure your child is well protected!
BE SAFE- GETTING PADDED UP- PROTECT YOURSELF!

Best of Goalkeeping

Ray Newland

PS: I have not forgotten to assess my goalkeepers in Wirral by the way!


http://www.just4keepers.co.uk

No comments: